If you are planning a public experience that fits the description below, you are eligible to apply for funding from World Class Uppsala. We must have received your application no later than six months prior to the event.
World Class Uppsala does not provide basic funding, but provides supplemental funding that can raise the level of the event and provide additional hype or visibility.
Criteria for applying events
- Profile – events should:
- Be within the themes: science, culture, sports and health.
World Class Uppsala owns the right to support or invest in projects/activities which lie outside of these areas, although only after obtaining a special decision.
- Sustainability (social, environmental and economic) – events should:
- Contribute to the social development of Uppsala, creating an ideal place to visit, stay, work and live in
- Be environmentally responsible
- Create job opportunities
- Create economic conditions for tourism
- Strengthen the Uppsala brand
- Already have funding for basic costs secured (for example, costs that relate to rent and wages)
- Have a sound economy (World Class Uppsala never offers support greater than the basic budget of the project)
- Contents – events should:
- Have content with potential, which can be developed and grown over time.
- Preferably be of national interest, or have the potential to be
- Attract or have the potential to attract significant amounts of visitors to Uppsala
- Knowledge – events should:
- Reach a wider national audience, preferably international, through the media.
- Be visible to decision-makers within research, business and industry, sports, culture, the public sector and media.
- Be known and be accessible to Uppsala’s residents
- Be followed up on and assessed by the organiser with regards to media attention and coverage
- General requirements – events shall:
- Respect everyone’s equal value, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin colour, political beliefs, religious views and social standing
- Not be organised purely for advertising purposes
Download application form
Application to World Class Uppsala (docX, 43 kb)