(Klicka här för svensk webbsida)
1. To participate in the competition, you have to be admitted as a student to either Uppsala University or the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) for 2017 and accept the rules for the competition. Participants under the age of 18 must have their guardian’s approval to participate in the competition.
2. The information you provide about yourself in connection with the competition will be processed to be able to administer the competition. In connection with publication of winners of the competition, personal information, such as name and city or age will be published on the Internet. If you request a correction of incorrect personal information or want more information on the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us at the address in point 2 below.
Note that for competition participants under 18, a guardian’s consent to personal data processing is necessary. By approving these General Competition Terms and Conditions, you consent to the personal data processing as per the above.
3. The party responsible for the competition is: Destination Uppsala (on behalf of the Municipality of Uppsala), Stationsgatan 22, SE-753 40 Uppsala, Sweden.
4. To participate and compete, you must:
A. Answer all questions in the competition quiz no later than 11:59 p.m. on 23 August.
B. Answer the elimination question
C. Enter personal information/contact information and click send.
5. If your submission is not complete or if we do not have your personal information at the final date of the competition, you will not be able to participate in the competition.
6. Only one competition submission per applicant is approved.
7. The competition submissions are checked and the five finalists are named by two representatives from Destination Uppsala. The five competitors who have the most right and are closest to the answer on the elimination question get the chance to compete in the final. If several people have an equal number right and they have the same answer or are just as close to the right answer to the elimination question, there will be a lottery between these competitors. The finalists will be announced between 2:45-3:15 p.m. in Universitetsparken on 25 August. If an announced finalist is not on site, the person with the most right and who is closest to the answer to the elimination question in order will be offered the place in the final.
8. The prizes cannot be transferred (applies to exercise passes and the rental contract in V-Dala nation).
9. For the rental contract on the student accommodation, the winner must be registered in the V-Dala nation student association before occupancy. Learn more about how to become a member here.
10 The winners will be personally informed by e-mail. The winners will also be announced by full name on http://www.studentuppsala.se. It is not possible to exchange the winnings for cash or other property. The winner is personally responsible for paying any taxes and rent that arise as a result of the winning.
11. Destination Uppsala does not accept responsibility for the consequences of competition submissions disappearing or being delivered late. Nor does Destination Uppsala accept responsibility for any technical difficulties or problems that can affect the registration to or end results of this competition.
12. Destination Uppsala retains the right to exclude or remove submissions from the competition without notifying the competitor that the submission was deemed illegal, offensive or otherwise ethically or morally unsuitable.
13. As a competitor, you approve that we send e-mail to your given e-mail address prior to the final that takes place on 25 August.
14. To participate in the final and compete for the prizes, you have to be able to confirm that you are admitted to Uppsala University or the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) with an admission letter and identification.
Back to main page